Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8500 Cyan Not Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

quikeyman

MIS
Mar 3, 2010
US
We have a Phaser 8500 that is giving users an unexpected output due to the color being off. Everything has an earthy tone to it, and after comparing a cmyk sample page from the 8500 vs. a Phaser 8200 that we also have, it appears cyan is not present. Instead of blue, it appears to be gray-ish. The ink seems to be melting properly, because I can note cyan wax in the waste tray, and I have taken the ink loader off and can see melted cyan ink in the print head reservoir as well.

Yes, we have been using non-Xerox ink. Any thoughts as to what the culprit might be?

So does that mean the printer is ruined essentially, or is there a possibility of the color issue going away if I start using Xerox ink?

Yes when you use non xerox ink the cyan from the non xerox company has a different make up than true xerox colors. The best thing that you can do is replace the printhead. the use xerox color ink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back