Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phaser 850 no display light flashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axxuss

Vendor
Jul 11, 2003
US
greets all this one seems to have multible troubles first error light flashes 3 times pauses three again i took out ram now it flashes 2 times so replaced font chip with one from a 840 then i has solid power and solid error light no flashes and still nothing on the display ..... is it the display ,mainboard or could it be the power supply :( any help appreciated thanks in advance Brian

the font chip is actuali the boot code rom chip, little bit like the bios of a pc. So this is not swappeble whit the same chip of a 840. The thing you could do is tell me what the to green lights are doing. You can locate the at the back near the RJ45 jack for the networkcard. There are to green lights left and right of the 4 dip switches. Tell me the flaches. 1 short is 1, 1 long is 5. On this code i can see if the processor or the rip is the problem. RIP stands for rastering image proces. If there is nothing then it means thad the mainbord is dead. In bold cases it means to replace the mainbord. If the lights are flasching normal like a haertbeat then it is something else.
Dany

Greets dany1 after reinstalling the new ram and finding out
the other font chip wouldnt work amazingly when i reinstalled the original font chip it finally came up now its jamming in exit area and leaving a image on the drum when i try to print it jams and theres like a 1/8 inch strip of the image on the page afetr about 100 pages jamming image finally came off drum but did same thing next attempt ive tried cleaning all of the rollers lubed everything that might of needed it still same.Iam thinking maybe the big black pressure/transfer roller maybe to worn to work i tried adjusting the allen wrench bolts but it just made pages crinkle before jamming...

axxuss, You are in the right direction but the problem is not thad black pressure roller (transfix roller), the the clutch of this roller (transfix clutch). If you remove the right cover you will find this clutch at the top near the exit rollers. This clutch operates whit a latch and this latch is in 90% of the cases the problem. After a while using it start to magnetise. replacing this latch is the only solution. This is the partnumber to order :105-1057-00
transfix solenoid latch cam.
greetz dany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back