Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850 exit jam on thicker paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediaguru

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
US
I have an 850 that has been sold for a few years. But alas I fear it is wearing out.

It prints fine with regular thickness paper, but jams on exit with thicker paper.

Yes, I know use thinner paper. I've shortened the flag spring under the exit door but it still doesn't like this paper.

PS. I've printed thousands of sheets of this same paper in the past with no problem

SOMETIMES THE OUTPUT TRAY FULL FLAG WILL GET A NOTCH IN IT CAUSEING HEAVIER WEIGHT PAPER TO JAM BUT NOT LIGHTER WEIGHT. THATS THE FIRST PLACE I'D CHECK. LATER

Ok I took a look at the output tray flag both where the paper pushes it up and the flag part the goes inbetween the sensor.

I don't see any nothches. Where should I be looking? Is there a piece of tape or something I can put on it to prevent that from happening with that thicker paper?

I found another solution that worked perfectly!

I shortened the spring on the paper sensor exit flag, I messed with the tray full flag, I messed with the maintenance kit sides etc..

But when I figured out where the solenoid was and putting a piece of paper between in and that metal exit control bar it worked perfect. So I took a tiny screwdriver and scraped this very sticky gunk out from the solenoid and the metal bar. There was quite a bit of that sticky gunk.

Sure enough, when i got rid of the gunk the paper exited fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back