Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phaser 850 error - 05,001.41. Please help. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

febman

Technical User
Nov 23, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have the above error code on my phaser 850 after cleaning up the sensors, pulleys etc, but I do not have a service manual.

Can anyone tell me what it means, what I have done wrong and what I need to do to put it right?

Are 850 service code lists/service manual pdf's available online somewhere for download?

Many thanks

febman

error means drum encoder faillure, drum has made a full revolution but sensor is not detecting. Replace drum encoder sensor. Location, remove left cover and in center of drum is the drum encoder located. sensor is the brown object. You can try to clean the inside of this sensor but be aware thad if you remove this to mark it where it whas. assemble it on the exact location as before. This is inportant to ensure printqualitie. Dany

Hi Dany,

You were spot on!

I re-cleaned the sensor and the encoder - a bit of dirt must have lodged in there after my first clean-up. The 850 completed it's start up routine.

Unfortunately, my first cleanup must have rotated the encoder out of position, as the printouts were illegible. However, I noticed the encoder has a line on it. The belt-drive wheel on the opposite end of the drum has a small mark on the rim that I assumed indicates the top of the drum. I rotated the drum so that this mark was at "12 noon" then did the same with the line on the encoder and all is well - perfect printouts!

Many thanks for your help and excellent advice.

All the best.

Febman

Be very careful with this sensor as it seems to be very prone to static damage when handled. At the very least ensure you are at the same static level as the machine chassie although do not leave the powerlead plugged into the machine as the mains switch does not fully isolate the unit and a number of parts *will* still be live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back