Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850 Black Printing Pink

Status
Not open for further replies.

rschus

Technical User
Feb 26, 2004
US
I have a Phaser 850 that is now only being used every 8-12 days when I need color. The black is coming out more pink than anything. Running a couple of test pages seems to clear it up. Is this is what I have seen as the ink being "cooked?" Would I be better off to power off till I need to use? Have only used OEM ink.
Thanks
Bob S

When you print in color are you printing in fast color mode? What does teh diagnostic test page look like? If teh ink is cooked the cyan will look more greenish and the magenta will be darker also.

Standard.
The black prints from a light brown to a browinish/magenta color. On the test page only the balck is off color.

My initial thought would be that the wrong color was put into the black ink slot. As I know this is not easy I have seen it done. Typically the black is not as prone to the "cooking" effect as the others. I would suggest printing a solid black fill page to purge the head of the black, this may take 50-200 pages and you may not notice a change until after 75 pages are printed. You will see the changes in the pages as streaking or banding as the old ink is purged and new ink is filling the reservoir.

Thanks. I'll give your advise a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back