Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850 - best way to reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregondean

Technical User
May 3, 2003
US
I occasionally need to reset my 850DP printer. I prefer to do this so that the minimum amount of ink is used. What's the best way to do this ... I use one of three ways:

1) Simple, quick, uses ink ... turn off the printer using a quick power-down.

2) Slower, more complicated, but does not use ink ... use the front panel to change something in networking, the printer asks permission to reset, allow it to do so, change it back and do the reset again.

3) Fast, quick, no ink, requires computer access ... Use the web browser connection with a manual IP number to do the reset. Ideally I could do this from the front panel as well??

Dean

oregondean;
Just curious as to why you "occasionally need to reset my 850DP printer"?
To manually do a factory reset on the Phaser 850 you can go through the front panel and preform an NVRAM reset which will clear all settings back to the factory. Including the network settings back to 0's. Here's the way to get to this reset through the front panel;

1.Scroll to Menu and press Select.
2.Scroll to Printer Configuration and press Select.
3.Scroll to Network Settings and press Select.
4.Scroll to Reset NVRAM and press OK.

If this is what your already doing through the web interface then please disreguard. Good luck!

~neo3

Thanks - I occasionally need to reset becasue the printer forgets to listen to AppleTalk. Doing a full factory reset is overkill for my needs but thanks fro your response!

As an aside, I've moved to using IP based printing to work around this intermittant problem.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back