Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHASER 8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC1701A

Technical User
Dec 20, 2004
US
This printer spits out too many pages according to my customer and she's right. It appears that some pages do not fully exit and for brief instant you can see the red warning light flicker and almost read a jam message before it disappears and the printer ejects that page and then reprints it like it assumes it did jam. The only error codes were for a drum heating up too quickly and some other code that's not even in the book. It does have a n7t jam code though. I replaced the pick assembly and retard roller and tested again but no change. Paper type and quality have not changed according to the customer. A smaller amount in the tray did not change anything either. Help on this one would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like there is a problem with the process drive assy. I have run into a few issues that were resolved with that assy though typical troubleshooting did not direct you there. Try printing from tray 1 if it prints ok from there then id say for sure the process drive. This assy has caused so really strange jam problems.

Customer said was printing okay from tray 1, so I ordered and replaced the process drive assembly and it worked for about 40 pages and then started doing it again. After that the customer stated that they did find it had happened when printing from tray 1 a couple of times. So out with the new part and back in with the old. Now what? It looks as if the page momentarily hesitates before being ejected. Just enough to barely cause the red warning light to flicker, but that's all it takes to make the printer reprint what it thought was a jam. Any other help on this would be much appreciated.

Any error codes or jam codes in history? That may help to isolate what is going on. Have you tried using diags to test various motors and clutches?

Same error codes as before (13,008.47; 11,009.46) and same jam codes as before (N7T). In running diags (if doing it right), everything seems to work. Thanks for your efforts.

Try replacing the ECAM, if it is not suppling the proper voltage then it could be the cause of the jam.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but, what do you mean by the "ECAM"? Some kind of electronics module? Thank you, and have a nice day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back