Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8400 Transfix Roller cleaning/removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red04Cobra

Technical User
Apr 14, 2008
I've been working on a Phaser printer that had a ghosted image of a printout on the transfix roller. I made the mistake of trying to run cleaning pages. Now there is a good amount of paper stuck to the transfix module which i'm not able to remove, and likely some more ink on it as well. The way I see it is there's two ways I can fix the issue. One is cleaning the transfix roller off somehow. Two is removing the transfix module.

On the removal part I've gotten to the step where I need to remove clevis pins securing teh Transfix Load arms to the chassis. How do I go about removing these clevis pins without damaging the plastic tabs that are behind them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Whew! Tough job! Instead of removing, try Martin Yale's Rubber roller Cleaner. Great stuff!

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Thanks for your reply! I'll definately have to pick some of that up. I finally figured out how to remove the transfix roller. All working now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back