Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8400 smearing ink randomly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC1701A

Technical User
Dec 20, 2004
US
Ink smears on pages randomly. Is not consistent to particular page being printed, internal or otherwise. Ink is smeared from top to bottom of words or pictures, sometimes worse than others. Any ideas would be appreciated!

JDWVW,
I went ahead and gave you a star for your dead-accurate help on this, even though I didn't post this thread. I work with the gentleman that did post it, here in Joplin. Thank you for your help on this!!!

Have a nice day today, and a better day tomorrow!!!

Joplin MO? Laser Equipment?

I work for Redneck Computers in Springfield, MO.

Yes sir! I was pretty sure you worked for redneck, as I think I have seen your profile on fixyourownprinter. How long have you been doing this?

Only about 1.5 years but I've had really good training.
I went from working on cars to doing this.

Sounds like the way to do it.

I'm not sure this is the same problem but I'm working on a Phaser 8400 with blurry print. When the printer prints the the letter "A" for example, the shape of the letter "A" is printed 3 times, about 2mm below the first one and then 2mm below the second "A". Sounds like a y-axis problem, possibly the drum? The whole image is stretched on the page, the top and bottom of the red bar at the bottom of the status page is jagged. Thanks.

J

Sounds like the same thing to me. Does it make a ripping sound as the paper exits the printer?

There a cheap fix to this blurry problem. Oil from the bushing is driping onto the encoder disk on the drum assy. Removed the clear plastic cover and clean the oil from the encoder disk and the sensor if necessary. If that does not fix the problem then the drum is required.

j

That is correct. Xerox does have a SB on the problem now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back