Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 840 size of printhead gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melhof

Technical User
Apr 13, 2004
NL
Hello,

What is the distance in between the printhead ande the drum?

My printhead is just a litle bit to close to the drum.
I have the service manuals, but they only discribe that you can use 2 special plastic distance holders to adjust the gap. Also don't like it to adjust by trail & error.

I don't have these holders, but i can make a litle stack of paper to make the same distance holders. But i don't know what the right thinkness for this is and it is not said in the service manual.

Thanks,
Melchior

I did find out the printhead gap by try & error. It is about 1,1mm between drum and printhead in a warm adjust.

I did do it by having a small stack of note papers inbetween when adjusting the printhead. Then finding the point where i could or could not move them anymore.

After it it is very nessisairy to heave a head cleaning cycle tot get the head working again. But all nozzles recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back