Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 840 inks sticks to the drum

Status
Not open for further replies.

melhof

Technical User
Apr 13, 2004
NL
Hello,

Some times after a hundred prints the inks sticks to the drum.

This is mostly when i print large quantities of the same full page covering picture. When on the duplex side that line/spot (at the side of the page) is not covered with ink the problem is not there. It is at the side of the thermal sensor. (i already cleaned it)

Can it be that my drum gets too cold at that sideline?
Could it be the solution to adjust the drum temperature with the Diags software?

What are the right temperatures anyway?

Thanks,
Melchior

If it sticks due to inconsistant drum temperature then the problem may be that one of the bulbs in the drum heater has failed and eventually the other will follow. The other cause is that your maintenance roller is in need of replacement though it may not yet register low. The oil in the roller can dry up and these things have a shelf life because of that issue. Another is to check the lift pins on the sides of the maintenance drawer, if they are worn by evidence of a notch on the ends of them then this will cause what you are experiencing due to the roller not being raised high enough to properly oil the drum. If that is the case then replacing the maintenance tray/drawer assy is the answer. Also it has been know that when replacing the drawer for worn lift pins can cause a drum maintenance error 07,004.46 in which case the maintenance clutch will need replacing.

I did find out what the problem is with the ink stikking to the drum.
It is because the maintenance roller does not get to the very side of the drum. For some reason the pinter does print there in certan cases. But since there is no oil there and the wiper doesn't get it away the ink stays on the drum.
I managed to find this out with the service cable and software to operate the printer while looking.

Is there any way to adjust the printers printable area?
Also with dubble sided printing the margines are not the same on both sides. But it is not that the paper goes out of line. It would be very handy if i can adjust this.

Thanks,
Melchior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back