Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 840 drum maintenance cam sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rublem

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2003
US
I'm getting the Report Fault 07.004.46.21995 on my Phaser 840 from what I've seen on the Xerox Website

No transitions are observed of the drum maintenance cam sensor. The sensor may be failing or the drum maintenance cam may be jammed.

This is great and all but Where is the drum maintenance cam.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, the drum maintenance, is the black drawer which goes in on the front. The oiled roll in this drawer is lifted to the drum before every page, the drum maintenace cam is a clutch, situated on the left side of the printer. It is the second from the front, lowest row. This error is offently given when there are problems lifting the oiled roll. It is lifted by 2 black pins, called "lift pins". These pins get worn after a while, so maybe you should consider changing you drum maintenance kit.

That is correct - the 2 black "lift pins" do get worn out after a while. Stupid construction - should be made of metal of course. BUT you don't have to replace the whole maintenance drawer. When this happened to me, a technician adviced me to attach simple plastic strips, usually used for bundling wires, on the pins. I did, and it has worked perfecly all since. It was 3-4 months ago.

Per

That is indeed the correct thing to do. Be carefull when you use the strips, make sure they are not to big, else your drum maintenance clutch might react a bit strange :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back