Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8200DP - Powering Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

redvee

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2013
GB
Hello all, I cleaned the pick-up roller and cleared an obstruction in the top exit slot of my old 8200DP, which apart from the picking up from the paper tray and delivering of duplex prints, was running fine. Now when switched on it's warming up / cleaning to 50%, 60% or more % and then powering off as if disconnected from the power supply. Never done it before. Any solutions / suggestions?

Possible thermal sensor, or electronics module seems to be over heating. Personally, the machine model had issues with heating system and was replace by the Phaser 8400 back in 2005-2006. As of today, they have improved the design and have changed the name to ColorQube 8570 which runs about $500-$600. If you are planning on using generic ink sticks (even though Media Science) is out of business, I would try to locate the Phaser 8560 series model as it's replacement due to the face the new units don't allow compatible replacements. Xerox got smart and added codes to their shapes.. and put ink loader sensors so that no one can make a compatible.

if you need a copy of the service manual, please contact me, and I will try and dig one up.

David Drury
AA Universal Toners & Technologies LLC
Xerox IT Channel Partner
401-495-1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back