Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8200

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot04

MIS
Mar 24, 2004
US
I have a phaser 8200 that keeps melting all the Magenta color sticks. These are Xerox colorsticks, when I pull the paper tray out you can see where the magenta has melted all the down through the printer and out the holes in the bottom. The wierd thing is the prints come out perfect, except for the fact that the magenta has to be replaced every 10 minutes. Does anyone know why the magenta would be melting at such a fast rate?

There is the possibility the printhead has a leak, I have seen this on just a couple printheads. The other condition could be that the ink level sensors in the printhead failed for magenta so it continually cals for ink. In either case replacing the printhead sounds like it will resolve the problem.

Printhead maybe causing it, but Im thinking about changing the Ink loader, because the head (electronics) that the ink buts up to melts as soon as it gets near the head. I can pull the ink loader out of the printer, leaving it connected and it still melts the wax continuously. Maybe Im wrong but if this is the case the printhead would not have anything to do with it right? Im not sure thats why Im posting.

The ink loader only turns on when it get the signal from the printhead that the ink is low in the head. I agree with marty the head is the usual cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back