Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8200 won't power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrice727

Technical User
Mar 29, 2005
US
I have a Phaser 8200 that after printing went "pop" and turned off. I've tried unplugging and plugging in ... new power cord, new USB cable, no dice.

Suggestions?

From the sounds of your description it sounds as if the triac(s) on the power supply blew. Part number is 650402401 and list price is $350. It is an easy replacement. Hope this helps.

Marty's right - I'd bet on the power supply's built in "sacrifical" fuses. Can't really replace them, so you've got to get another power supply. The repair is a 10 minute job once you've got the part. Send me a message through TT if you need directions. You can get the part on eBay for little money, or from a myriad of other sources.

Verify that your preheater is ok before putting in the new power supply. The bulbs sometimes make bad contact on their connectors which causes arcing. Replacing parts is not allways the best solution. check to see what caused the problem or you could be face with the same problem causing a dent on the wallet.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions and thoughts. It turned out to be the power supply and it's working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back