Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8200 stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyh

Technical User
Jul 16, 2000
GB
I have a phaser 8200n which has been working fine.. until yesterday, now all i get is XEROX in the display and nothing else. I dial into it using the browser and it states the status is

Unavailable : Postcript Initializing.

Any idea what could be wrong? sadly printers out of warranty so not sure what to do

regards.

Remove the main board and reseat the memory then reseat the board into the printer. Power back up and see if it gets pastthe post initialization. If not flip dip switch one down on the rear of the printer on the main board and power up, this should put the printer into diags, then see if it will do a system verification. The results may point you to a problem.

Done that thanx.. Display shows..

IDiags : 14.36.1
Initializing.

Thats all i get on screen.. not sure what that means

thanx

It's hanging when loading the internal diagnostic software. My thinking is that the formatter board should be replaced, but it could also be power control board related.

the power supply is bad. I have seen this about 50 times.

When you say the power supply is that on the printer or is it the power cable im using.. thanx

its inside the printer. a very easy replacement if you can get one

dont suppose youve got a part code? ive found 2 items.. the power supply or the power control board. do i go for the power supply?

thanx.

The power supply and power control board are 2 different items, the power supply is 650402401 $350, power control is 650425100 $328. You can use Xerox site to find a local ASP who mauy order the part for you.

The DM clutch can also cause the problem if it hasnt been updated yet but the power supply is the most commen problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back