Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8200 Power Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ila

Technical User
Aug 18, 2005
GB
Hi, i have a phaser 8200, it works fine printing all the internal tests. the problem happens when i try to print through the parallel cable, it prints the job sent to it and then power cycles the printer and starts doing all the checks then warms up again.

i took the covers off to see if there was anything to see at fault and noticed that the printer is very hot.

if anyone has any ideas about this please help.

You may have a paper heater problem. With the right cover off, look into the small rectangle hole to see if the heater flashes on and off at a regular beat, or is it erratic?
Try pulling the formatter and re-seating it firmly.
Let us know soon.

yeah, tried that. still switching itself off when any print has been through. can work for anywhere upto 10 mins before doing it.

anyone got any advise.

Missed the hot part. Could be runaway heaters in the printhead. Re-seat the main board? Can you network it?
Or try another computer to hook it up to.
If it gets to ready, and prints internal stuff, it may be a bad cable, or connection on the other end of it.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back