Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHASER 8200 PAPER JAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAWKNOSE

Technical User
Sep 30, 2005
MY 8200 KEEPS GETTING A PAPER JAM AT THE BEGINNING OF A JOB. IT SAYS OPEN FRONT COVER AND REMOVE JAM. THE PAPER SEEMS TO BE COMING UP AND OUT OF THE PAPER TRAY AND NOT GOING INTO THE UPPER FEEDER. PAPER ROLLS UP BETWEEN THE TWO. IT WILL PRINT SOME PAGES, BUT MOST OF THE TIME JAMS. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON REPAIR.

Inside of the upper feeder there is a small PWB with some switches on it that have small white actuators that can stick or become broken its behind that metal heat shield which you'll need a torx screwdriver to remove to see.

regards, Nick NCXI.com

I almost forgot also on the end of that upper feed shaft there is a clutch that can sometimes go bad causing intermittent feed problems and jams and thats easily replaced part no. is 401-0855-01 might have been updated to newer one by now but thats the number I have in this manual.

regards, Nick NCXI.com

The guy said it's not making it to the upper feeder. The upper feeder is not the problem!

Anyway back to your issue, The problem is in the lower feed assemble not upper. As usual there are a number of possible caused to this problem. They are outlined below.

1. Broken Paper pick flag. Its the first flag that trips the first sensor in paper path located behind front door on lower right.

2. Bad Right I/O Board. This board has the sensor that the flag trips. If flag is good then a bad Right I/O Board would create same problems.

3. Bad Pick roller clutch. The motor that pulls the paper may be bad. This is located on lower front on left side of printer.

4. Bad Left I/O Board. This board controls the pick roller clutch among other things. If clutch is good then a bad Left I/O Board would create same problems.

There are a few other unlikely possibilities not worth mentioning just yet.

Please try the above and let us know if successful.

Good luck to you!

Any other questions send to printer_repair@itezen.com
------------------------------------------------
Printer Repair
printer_repair@itezen.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back