Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8200 jam 15.0.45 and jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbonse

Technical User
Jun 28, 2004
GB
Hi there

I just visited a 8200 where it had the usual 15.0.45 error code. So i replaced the pre-heater assy. Now upon bootup when it tries to do its cleaning page, it jams just as it is entering the registration assy. The paper isnt marked or wrinkled etc. I have taken out the reg assy and blown out the sensors but no go. I have also checked the registration solenoid and that works fine. I checked the voltage to that solenoid but there is none. But im not sure if the sensors on the reg assy sends a signal to turn the solenoid on when the registration switch is actuated.

Any ideas?

Regards
John

The phaser 800 series don't use a registration assembly & solenoid? Can you please be more specific as to where the jam is occuring?

Do you perhaps mean the upper feed roller assy?

Ye just behind the front door you get an assembly with a sensor board and feed rollers behind it. If you take the left cover off theres a clutch which turns those feed roll. This unit is commonly called a registration assy in photocopiers. Anyway, The cleaning page stops just as it gets to those rollers and then declares the jam.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ok this is a dumb question but I only ask it cuz it got me a couple times, did you make sure the connector behind the silver heat sheild from the upper feed roller assy is seated fully? Does teh paper make it up into the sensor assy? Use the dip switches in teh rear to place the printer in diags and test the sensors. Put #1 down then PUt #4 down then up this will reset the printer and diags will run. Check to see if teh sensor in teh upper feed roller assy is working. Also check what the fault code for teh jam is, it will be 22,xxx.xx.

Hi, Yes I certainly re-connected the sensor board cable and the error messages are as follows:

These are the errors that began after i fitted the pre-heater assy.

Regards

Some more info on your errors:

I've got a strong feeling that you might have taken the upper feed roller assy apart (by accident) and did not put it back together correctly when you were replacing the preheater.
Did you try reseating these assemblies?

16,001.43: TCP_THERMISTOR_OPEN
The preheater thermistor appears to be open. Check the preheater cables on the right side of the printer. Replace the paper preheater. Replace the power supply.

4,040.65 : PC_PROG_FAULT(0x28)
Re-entrant call to halt detected. This error is generated in
pc_syshalt_seq(), (the soft shutdown state sequencer) when a
request during the enter state is made, while the printer is already in the halt state.
I/O Right has been known to cause this fault code.

22,422.03 : Handfeed Jam -> An unexpected event occured -> Unknown reason

22,508.10 : Preheat entry sensor time-out
- Is the paper that was jammes skewed when you remove it?
- Did you try re-installing the preheater and upper feed rollers? Did you take the upper feed roller assy apart when you were installing it? Did you correctly position the sensor?

22,500.00 : Command stop event with media in front door area
a. Inspect the maintenance drawer for worn lift pins, replace if needed

1:
a. Drum maintenance clutch
b. Worn maintenance drawer lift pins
c. PostScript fault
d. Front panel error
e. Power supply problem

a'. Replace drum maintenance clutch
b'. Replace maintenance drawer
c'. Try again, cycle power, or NVRAM reset
d'. Check front panel sensors or replace front panel assembly