Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 790 repeating image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Printers2004

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
CA
Hi there,

Working on a Phaser 790 printer, image is repeating at 139.5mm or 5.5inch interval when printing on letter paper. There's nothing in the roller circumference chart that matches. Any ideas?

Andrew

I would check the fuser first, that has been the cause on more than not for repeating images. I would stop the print before it gets to the fuser to see if the marks are on it before fusing. The other source could be the bias transfer roller which is directly under the accumulator belt. If it is consistently spaced as you say then i doubt either the accumultor or imaging unit are at fault. Also look for something in the paper path that could be the cause. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. I replaced the fuser assy, same problem. I'll next try changing the the Accumulator belt cleaner, BTR and the fuser drawer.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back