Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 7760 Cyan Faded On ~1/2 Of The Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

quikeyman

MIS
Mar 3, 2010
US
We have a Xerox Phaser 7760 that prints cyan so that it is faded on one half of a letter size page. I have replaced the cyan imaging unit with no avail. I have also swapped the fuser out with no success. When I print a solid fill test, the cyan is faded on half the page, but magenta, yellow, and black appear normal. There seems to be an impression on all sheets, possibly from a roller, but only the cyan output is effected. Any help would be appreciated.

The H/V is going bad. Possible to have got a bad developer, but doubtful if the same error would be there.
Nothing obstructing it from seating correctly?
Put a mark on the edge of the cyan OPC roller to see if it is rotating.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Thanks for the response. When you say H/V, you mean what exactly? Sorry, I am not terribly well versed in printer terminology. Everything seems to be seated correctly, and the OCP roller is rotating.

quikeyman,
Had a large printer once, don't remember brand, that was printing faded in some areas. Turns out it was plugged into a power strip & not getting sufficient electricity. After plugging it directly into a different outlet, never had that problem again.

I know, sounds strange -- but their tech support insisted we try. It solved the problem. Evidently printer ink depends on static electricity to "stick" to the page.

Thanks for the suggestions. The printer is currently plugged directly into a wall outlet, so a surge protector does not come into play here. I am stuck on how consistent the faded area appears on prints. It is like someone put a screen over half of the paper so that only half the toner could make it to the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back