Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 740

Status
Not open for further replies.

TektronixUser

Technical User
Apr 13, 2003
GB
Hi All,

Hope someone can help me with this.

My printer is working fine but for two things ! The status page of the printers Consumables does not match the printout, an example of this is the Imaging Unit, on the web pages (the printers web page) it says the life remaining is 77%, but on the printout (on paper printout) it says 76% !

This is also the same with the Fuser, it differs by 1 percent on the printout.

The other thing is the Fuser Roll, the web page says 23%, but the printout says 100% along with 0 pages printed and that it was installed today ! This is not correct as it was installed on the 20th April and the printer has printed over 60 pages since then !

Can anyone throw some light on this ? Is there a way to get the web pages and the printout to tally / be the same. And is there a way to fix this Fuser Roll problem or is this normal with the Fuser Roll ?

I look forward to someones input / help on this as it's got me baffled !

Ian.

Sorry for posting a semi-unrelated issue but this forum gets the most activity and I used it in the past to solve the 740 'clutch' problem.

I own a Phaser 740 with a new Fuser (98%). In removing paper jammed in the fuser, I accidentally created a small tear in the film of the top roller (not the fuser roll). Does anyone know if that film is available; or, the roller? I hate to buy another fuser for such a minor problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
Have a similar problem. Purchased a 740 with fuser roll in it but had the "fuser roll: replace" message. I installed a new fuser roll, but the message persisted. I have a service manual and it says that the counter will reset after 250 sheets. The problem is, now it says "stopped" "fuser roll: replace". It won't print anything but the startup page now. How do you reset the counter so it knows that there is a new fuser roll in it? HELP!

Hi Majikhands, did you solve the problem with the fuser resp. resetting the counter?
Thx

hey alfa, no I haven't. But if anyone needs parts, I now own 4 of these that I have picked up at auctions. Have also found a great source for refilling the cartridges and we have run thousands of pages through our units with very little problems. I think I have a total of $500.00 invested in all of them and I love these printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back