Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 740;Toner not fixed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertQ

MIS
Oct 31, 2002
NL
We acquired a Paser 740. It only ran 8000 pages and all consumables are new and original brand. Problem:
When we print stationary paper with logo in color, it looks fine, toner is fixed well. But when we reprint the sheets on one of our black and white HP laserprinters we get ghost images of the logo on the paper. It seems the color toner comes loose. We use plain Xerox paper.
Also the phaser will not print well on glossy laserpaper from other brands then Xerox, e.g. from HP.

Anybody out there who can say something wise??
Thanks very much.

I'm having similar issues with my Phaser 740, and I suspect we have the same problem. My troubles started after I accidentally fed a CD label sheet upside-down via the multipurpose tray. It still prints fairly well to high brightness 24lb stock, but if I print the same page to cd label stock (which used to work fine) the toner doesn't fix to the paper, appearing "bubbled" in heavy areas, and it is easily rubbed or scratched off.

I've examined the transfer belts and the fuser rollers, but I can't detect any visible contamination or damage... Has anyone else had this happen to them, and what was the fix?

- Craig W

mine did that from the beginning ...
aint it just because the hp fixation process is way hotter ?
thats what hp told me ...

Wow Irzixel - that's what I just discovered. My printer was bubbling and streaking and jamming at C for a couple of cold days. Today it was very warm, and the printer started to work properly in the afternoon. I'm finally running a job I've wasted a half a ream of paper trying to print.

I'm pretty sure now that the fuser runs way too cold!

Anyway - I'm moving the printer to a warm room for a permanent home!

I have found this problem to usually be too much toner or some (but not all) non-Xerox toners.

Try going into the front panel Menu to Calibrate Colors and adjust the color or colors that seems to be causing the flaking ( I find usually black or magenta)to -10 intensity.

If this solves the flaking then adjust the intensity to the highest number that closest matches the the calibration colors in the manual and still doesn't flake.

Flaking problems will be worst with high gloss papers, however, I regularly run Hammermill and OfficeMax 92 Brightness paper with no trouble.

When the file is very large ...I changed the file to a pdf file and the printing time was a lot less for the the flyers. I print a lot for a real estate office and this worked well for me. Also First Choice paper works very well
and for gloss 4CC at 28lb works great. A paper wholesaler helped me with the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back