Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 740 Scanjet copying

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesc0

Technical User
Nov 10, 2002
GB
Hello all,

I have a HP Scanjet6100C connected to my 740 which all works fine.
Does anyone know if a 6300c will also work as I want to upgrade the scanner?

Thanks, James

How do you have your 6100C connected to your Phaser 740? Are you using the network connection for the Phaser?

Hi, Thanks for your reply. My 6100c is connected via scsi port and works fine. I know the 6200c also works. I wanted to know if a 6300c would work. In the end I tried one and it didn't!

Thanks anyway, James

hi jamesc0
what type of scsi cable did you used to connect you scanner to the printer ? did you have some problems ton configure it ?
regards
frederic
(france)

Hi Cyclone27, This thread is a year old, and I have settled on a 6200c which works fine, including the Auto Doc Feeder.
Thanks for your interest.

Rgds, James

hi james,
i discovered this forum a few days ago because i have a problem with the paper feed of my phaser 740 (traditional "jam in a - error 33").
yesterday i saw your post about the connection of the 6200c on the printer. i bought one (as your with the doc feeder) on ebay last week and i'm waiting for it. let me tell you that i'm french (excuse my bad english !). then scanjet comes from usa so i have to wait for a few weeks before plugging it (shipping charges of heavy items are cheaper if you accept to wait for them about 5-6 weeks).
so did you connect your scanjet 6200C on the phaser 740 with a scsi 2 cable ? did you have to do many manipulations to settle with the printer ? is it as a colour copier : only push a button to copy ?
regards from france ;
frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back