Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 740 "Jam at A" 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberth58

Programmer
Jan 27, 2004
US
When feeding from the tray it jams about 75% of the time. paper stops after being pulled into the feeder about 2". Always works perfectly from the MPT. Have tried the cleaner pad and that did not help. Any ideas?

thanks

Just to let you know, I tried repairing the clutch as described and it did no good (made it worse).

However, I purchased a new one and it works like a charm.

If you use this printer, I recommend buying a spare clutch just to put with your supplies because this is clearly a part that should be replaced every 3-4 years as a matter of PM in my opinion.

Hey all, just posting to confirm that my printer was having the same issues and I followed all the instructions here and now it seems to be working flawlessly. The instructions and images here pretty well describe how to do it. I'd like to add that we didn't derail the paper feed and we didn't remove the circuit board, the only thing we had to remove was the black plastic piece covering it. Also, highly recommend going to Lowes and buying White Lithium grease to regrease it. It's $3 for a giant tube and you can tell that's what they were using in there in the first place. Cheap fix (about $5) and it worked like a charm. Also, we cleaned the transfer roller as described on the Xerox site as well, but that alone didn't do it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back