Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 740 "Jam at A" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbqfixer

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
US
My Phaser 740 frequently jams as the page exits the paper tray. The leading edge is just in front of the steel and rubber pinch rollers. I tried cleaning the D-rollers and it helped for a while. Any clues? Is this a bad clutch / gear or just worn D-rollers (they don't look worn)?

Any idea where to get the parts?

Thanks for your help!

dbqfixer

I had the same problem and installed a new Clutch, Second Transfer Roller - Part Number 116-0993-00 and the problem was solved. The part cost me $26.75.
You will have to remove the paper feed assembly first. Then remove the black plastic cover over the circuit board by removing the screw on the right side. Then remove the two screws on the right side of the circuit board. Leave to screw on the left side in place. Take note of the positioning of the parts within the assembly before removing the circuit board. They will need to line up the same way to reinstall the board. This will allow you enough room to slide the clutch off of the steel roller after removing the E Clamp on the end of the clutch. The Clutch, Second Transfer Roller is the black plastic roller on the far left side of the assembly looking at it from the circuit board side.

I am curious where you purchased that part (Number 116-0993-00) from. I have looked at Ingram Micro, Xerox, etc. and have not found that part. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back