Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 740 - Jam at Duplex - No Duplex installed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedwilli

MIS
Jan 16, 2003
US
Folks,
I've seen several people ask this question but no response... Does anyone know how to correct the problem with Jam at Duplex when no Duplexer tray is installed? I've replaced the sensor board and still getting the same error message.

Thanks!

i think there is a sensor flag at the exit that hangs and causes that error. i am not to sure. give it a try.

Thanks for the help! Can you give me a little more detail on the sensor your talking about. I can't find it.

when the 740 is duplexing the paper does not come out the side. there is a solenoid that redirects the paper thru the door where you access the toner ctgs. i believe there is a flag there that hangs.. if you need more help i will try to send you a diagram

I have the same problem as above. I found the sensor board over to the left in the same compartment as the paper tray, the only problem was that it was smashed due to the paper tray being jammed in many times.
I tried to source one with no luck.
I took the board out and all it had is three push buttons, and an opto coupler. The coupler was smashed, the board broken. I repaired the board correctly, obtained a opto LED and Opto receiver, soldered them in and all worked fine.
If there is still a problem with yours, check the plug socket connector for the sensor board.

I DID IT!

I had the problem where the sensor broke off of the board entirely! I conacted Xerox tech support, their only solution was to replace the small board with the sensor on it.

I found that unacceptable since I never planned on having a duplex unit installed on this printer anyway.

What I found that works is to do the following:

- make sure black, U-shaped sensor is off of board.

- if you are looking at the board now, there are 4 holes where the sensor used to be.

- On mine, all I had to do was place a wire between the 2 holes on the right side (shorting it out)

- Once I turned the printer back on, I was back in business and could print again!

I am going to call Xerox and find out how much the replacement board is, just to see how much I just saved myself.

GOOD LUCK!

BRent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back