Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 6250DP Jam at Registration Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyways

MIS
Jan 1, 2002
US
We have (3) 6250DP printers (2 in one office, 1 in another state). All three are giving several jams a week (Jam at Registration Roller). All 3 printers were purchased through distribution over a time period of about 1 year.

All three only use Zerox 24# paper.

The fuser stall snippet has been installed in all three.

Working through the Xerox service manual, we tested the registration clutch/sensor/etc. All was fine, but if you work through the troubleshooting chart, if everything checks OK, it says to replace the registration chute assy (which we did with the result being more of the same jams).

We have selected the appropriate setting for the paper weight.

A Xerox serviceman said these jams (at registration roller) are common, and replacing the registration chute assy normally fixes it.

One last note, EVERY time it jams, you get advanced notice since you hear a whining sound come from the printer just before it jams. It's almost like it's engaging the registration roller in advance of when it needs to.

With 3 out of 3 printers doing this here, I sure hope someone can tell us what to do to fix them.

Thanks

Mitch

It sounds like the snippet didnt take.

How long ago did you install the snippet? (There has been a revision to the snippet.)

Did you get a green text printout when the snippet was installed?

Did you cycle the power after doing the snippet?

Is the printer plugged into an extension cord or power strip?

Have you tried running the check snippet?

Thank you for the information.

We have installed the snippet a few times. I did again with continued jamming.

Yes we get the green page, and then we power off/on.

The printer is plugged into a wall outlet, not extension cord.

I'm not familiar with the check snippet so I will research that.

Thanks.
Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back