Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 560 glossy 016-1557-00 replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2004
US
We use a lot of the Tektronix glossy paper for the Phaser 560 (Part # 016-1557-00). I've been told by Tektronix in the past that this paper was the only paper that could be used in the Phaser 560 because of the temperature the paper needs to withstand. Now they have discontinued the glossy paper and have offered no replacement. Has anyone used any other glossy paper in the 560 with good results? I would appreciate manufacturer & part nos. Thanks much!

Xerox makes another glossy coated media to be used for the 6200 p/n 016-1704-00. This printer is also a laser and the media has to go through the same fusing process. I believe you would get similar results with this media. The major concern with some glossy medias is they are designed to work with ink jets and some of them have a coating that is destroyed by the fusing process and hence can damage the fuser. I may also have a number of packs of the old 560 glossy media if you are interested in them.

Thanks for the reply. We have tried an HP glossy paper for laser printers that seems to work fine. At a $30-$35 price range for 200 sheets, it's quite a bargain.

I have used 100lb Xerox glossy laser printer paper on my 560 with good results. I bought at OfficeMax by the piece for 5 cents each. They use them in the Docucenter models. It works fine in the Phaser 560.

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back