Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 550 Error 32 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ven0m

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
US
I am new to the Tektronix printers (we are exclusively HP at the office), but hopefully someone can help me with this printer I have at home. Per the Xerox support site The accumulator belt sensor needs cleaning. All of the sensors behind and beside the imaging unit are clean, and I cleaned them again anyway to be sure. If I take this printer apart (pull the imaging unti and fuser, and clean up) and put it back together I can usually get a few pages off before it dies with a "printing Error 32" again. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

I may have fixed it, but I cna't explain why it woudl have been the problem.

Pulled the imaging unit and while carefully observing it in a darkened room (after examining all the sesors in the printer extensively) I noticed that the plastic retaining piece (cam if you would) that locks the IU in was cracked at the beginning of it (where it is thinnest) Some super glue and some baking soda to harden it and presto it seems to be working for now, I am pretty certain that the IU was seated completly before, and I can find no sensors where the IU connects with this cam so I don't know what difference this could have made.

I am guessing it will break again so any ideas on where to go next are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back