Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 350 Sticky Trans-fix roller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hivision

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
NZ
This problem has bugged for months now, Phaser 350 15000 pages. The paper sticks to the top black roller. We have tried the silicone off the maintenance tray trick, but will start sticking after 20 pages. Tightened and loosened the pressure on the roller and even installed a part of a 340 which guides the paper off the trans-fix roller.
To my knowledge, I don’t think I can swap trans-fix rollers, or can I?
The paper sticks like glue, even after careful cleaning of delaminated paper and sillicone grease, the paper will stick sooner or later.
Tried different paper, moved the printer to a warmer spot, Paper in the hot water cupboard in case its damp, changed daughter boards, Pre-paper heater, Anything I have missed?
Thanks for your time.

hivision, when the printer strips the paper of the drum, just before it come out the exit bin, do you hear the sound like an etiket teared of flat surface. Like the paper is glued to the drum. if so check your maintenance tray for worn out lift pins. If the pins are worn out there is not enoug oil to the drum en not to the black roller. keep me informed.
Dany

Thanks Danny, But I have just tried a new maintenance tray but to no avail. These maintenance trays have steel lift pins and are unlikely to be worn. Perhaps the guides on the machine could be worn? I will look. And yes, I do hear the sound like an etiket teared of flat surface. Like the paper is glued to the drum.
Its like the last quarter inch of paper has a crease in it and the exit rollers haven’t got enough power to drag the paper out of the machine because the paper is stuck to the black roller. I am lost
Thanks for your help

hivision. Take out the maintenance drawer, same drawer for the lift pins. look on the left and right side on the front. Is any of this side's white. This is a flag to indicate the maintenance drawer is empty. If not and you have the possibility change the drawer.
greetz dany

Yep done that, Tray half full, and even used a new one. Problem still there.
Thanks Dany

The Drum/Transfix assembly can be removed as an entity but that would not achive anything. It would very much seem that you are not getting enough oil onto the drum. Check the motion of the maintenance tray lift clutch & cams. Also check the lift arms are they solid or contain a sping in the end? as these may be damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back