Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 350 serial troubleshooting cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

tloukaitis

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
US
Any idea where I can get the tech serial troubleshooting cable? I can get a disk burnt, so just need the cable.

Thanks, Terry

Terry,

I don't have a cable, but others in this forum are trying to find one. Can you make the disk available in the expectation that someone will come up with a cable?

-Bill

Bill, if I can get a cable, I will make the disc available.

Thanks, Terry

Hello,

a couple of weeks ago I've opened a thread about the piniout of this cable here in this forum, see

thread723-676993 function of the cable is clear (see my recent posting) and I'm willing to draw and post a schematic here -- if someone could just post the assignment of the five pins on the back of the printer.

On the back of the printer the pins of the diagnostic port look like this:

------------------
| o o o o o |
------------------

1 2 3 4 5

Knowing that these are TTL-levels, I assume pin 5 to be GND, the rest _might_ be for example IN (pin 1, 2) and OUT (pin 4, 5). But these assignments are assumptions only !

So in case any tech-assistant reads this: please let all of us in this forum know the pinout.

oscar

It's not just a straight pin-out chips are involved @ the PC plug end

Hi Engleberth,

gotta apologize, but what do you mean with no "straight pin-out"?

As I've written (and referred to), there is some sort level-shifter, e.g. a MAX232 (converting from TTL to RS232) involved -- does this hold true?

oscar

oscar, there is definitely some sort of levelshifter involved.. trying to find out which one now.

hey, we'll get there in the end! ;)

for the cable you need the : serial cable adapter (level shifter) P/N 012-1543-00

and a serial null modem cable P/N 012-1535-00
xerox tektronix part numbers.

corquist, P/N 012-1543-00 is a kit. What is included? Is P/N 012-1535-00 included? Or needed just to go from the printer to a laptop?

Thanks, Terry

Hello,

Are you still going to make the troubleshooting files available?

Aaron

Sure! As soon as someone makes a cable available, without having to spend $130 on a new kit from Xerox!

Thanks, Terry

Terry,

Does that mean that the RCL1 from Digital Nemesis Pty Ltd. is not a direct replacement for the Xerox cable?

Aaron

Aaron, the cable you refer to has 6 female slots on the printer end; the printer only has 5 male terminals. So, no, it is not a direct replacement. At any rate, it is "Out of stock: Until further notice."!

Thanks, Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back