Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHASER 350 - Is there a sleep mode available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguykelly

Technical User
Oct 18, 2003
US
To keep from wasting ink, I would like to leave my Phaser 350 on all of the time. Does anyone know if there is a sleep mode and if so, how do I set it up? Thanks, Kelly.

In the front panel menu for the 350 there is an Energy Star mode. This can be set for varying times from 1 to 999 hours. When the printer is idle for the selected time frame the printer will go into standby until it is "woken up" by either sending a print job to it or manipulating the front panel buttons. The printer will take about 5 minutes to warm back up but will not do a cleaning cycle like it would if it was shut down.

I've noticed that my 360 will go into a standby mode after 3 or 4 hours, a mode not the same as the energy saver mode (I have that set at 72 hours). It dosn't seem to cause a problem and I never noticed any use of ink at all, indicating no cleaning cycle. Then after an overnight pause with the printer in standby I get a low ink warning. About 1/3 of one yellow ink stick had been used up while the other inks were just the same as the night before (I monitor the color ink closely because we are waiting on some new supplies to arive and have no color spares.)

Is there something at work here causing only one ink to be used up? Some sort of incipient problem? Temperatures look fine, check prints look fine when done. The printer is left on all night. I shouldn't be having this problem.

As a side note, as an interm solution I have scheduled one of the servers to send a color exercise print (just several horizontal lines of solid color - hair line wide in each color) ever 4 hours to keep the heads exercised. Hope it helps.

OOO! How can I do that?
"As a side note, as an interm solution I have scheduled one of the servers to send a color exercise print (just several horizontal lines of solid color - hair line wide in each color) ever 4 hours to keep the heads exercised. Hope it helps."

help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back