Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 350 Fault 15, 004. 45: 71669 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2003
US
Phaser 350 powers up and takes around 5 minutes to go though the warmup cycle and it gets to 100% and then about 45 seconds later displays error Fault 15,004.45:71669 on the display. Any suggestions to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

This error is listed as:

15,004.45 (0x7c04): TCD_ THERMISTOR_ SLOW The drum heater is not heating at all, or is not heating as quickly as it should. Check for open connection or open thermistor in power supply.

This happened to me recently. In my case, it was an open thermal fuse in the drum heater assembly. You can verify this by checking for continuity in the heater cable.

Disassemble the printer to the point where you can take the right side cover off (see other postings here for details). When looking at the right side of the printer, the power supply assembly will be on your right and a big fan on your left. Below the fan is a white 2-conductor connector with wires on one side going into the drum assembly and the other side to the power supply. Pull the connector apart and put the ohmmeter across the wires going to the drum. It should measure < 10 ohms. If it indicates an open, then you likely have a bad thermal fuse.

This fuse can be replaced by removing the drum assembly, extracting the heater assembly, taking it apart and replacing the fuse with a new one. I don't recall the replacement part number, but search this forum for past postings on this same error message by me. I gave the p/n and order info at that time. (It was about $1.69 +s/h.)

-Bill

I found my old posting. The equivalent NTE part is #NTE8108 (the original part is no longer available). Cost was $1.99 + s/h.

-Bill

I have similar problem and cheched the cable that goes to the drum heater... it indicates an open. My question is how to get the heater out (phaser 360). Which steps do I have to take?

I also noticed an (old fashioned) heater behind the fan on the right side of the printer...with cut off wires (is this an old modification where the heater is replaced ba a new type??

Ivo123,

Send me an email address and I'll email you relevent
section of the service manual that has the disassembly instructions.

-Bill (billr@neocat.org)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back