Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 350 cycling constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

tloukaitis

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
US
I have a phaser 350, only 7600 prints, no error/warning message but cycles continually between "initializing" & "warming up" after going through the warm-up % phase. Continual "clicking" noise. Is this selenoids/motors kicking off & on? Where? Never gets to the point of printing out a startup/test page. Any ideas?

Thanks, Terry

check on your printer whit the covers of, if everything can move like suposed. i have the idea something is jammed.
Dany

Thanks, Dany, but I have the covers off & all seems to be moving & rotating well. It almost seems like the drum is not getting hot enough to tell the printer to go to the next step. Is that possible? How is the drum heated? Lamps? Should I be able to see light during warmup?

This thing worked fine (except for the head still needing cleaning out) just a few prints ago.

Terry

On printer startup, look on the right side off the printer, normaly you will see a light flashing, this light is called the drum heater. The lamp inside is like the lamps hologen type. if you see the light not flaching. Two causes, 1 lamps broken or powersupply dead. Replace as needed. Also verifie the connectors on this heater. on the right side on the back on powersupply and als on the heater just below the y axis (drive for the drum).
Dany

Ps. Normaly if heater is the problem it runs his cycle for 3 time's after this he give an error. Wait for this, note it and i look the error up.
Dany

Dany, the heater seems to be working properly. I can see it lit all the way across & it seems to dim or get brighter depending upon the call for heat. The "clicking" noise is coming from the center relay on the lower left side. It clicks as the unit goes through it's warmup, initializing, & ink melting stages.

Thanks, Terry

Now, after leaving the unit on for a lengthy period, I did get an error message: 06,002.43. Any ideas or explanation?

Thanks, Terry

Hello Terry, Danny. I've got exactly the same problem with a 360 that I've just bought, though however long Ileave it on I get no error message. I'm awaiting advice from the supplier and will post it when it arrives.

Busker

Thanks for the info., Busker. The error message was due to me unplugging the x-axis sensor to determine functionality. Still have the same problem as before; won't get past initialization. Appreciate anything you can give me.

I'd be happy to call someone, or my e-mail is "tdloukaitis@centurytel.net".

Terry

Any idea where I can get the tech serial troubleshooting cable for this?

Thanks, Terry

If i understout correctly, your printer is "new" meaning you heve never used it. Thad error you get can indicate that the printhead lock is activeted. Check on the right side ther you wil find a knob to onlock the prinhead. covers do not be removed. DANY

Dany, the printer has 7600+ prints on it. I have used it. The printhead is unlocked. The error came from me unplugging the sensor during troubleshooting & shows up no more. Still have the original issue; won't get past initialization upon complete warmup.

Thanks, Terry

Eternal initialization:
-----------------------
You have to feed paper in manual feeder (several, one at a time). Your machine is configured to use (recycled) paper from manual feeder instead of (letterhead) from drawer. When up and running, you can change this from menu.

BR,
Ari

Thanks, Ari, but how could that be? I didn't change the programming & I ran several prints through it prior to it cycling. They all pulled from the drawer, not the manual feed.

Thanks, Terry

Hi Terry, some new info/possible reason for
eternal initialization at power up 340/350/360:
-----------------------------------------------
The printer is nearly out if ink (less than one cube in one or more colors). Fill all color bins to add pressure in feeding cubes to melting. - Run myself to this again with another 360. For some reason the printer can not tell you what's up. When I added colors, the Initializing-Warming Up text changed at 99% to Melting Ink and finally it throw out the cleaning page (with lot of yellow stripes). Then I run through Cleaning and got a perfect cleaning page with all jets OK, and now the printer works just fine.

BR,
Ari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back