Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 350 08,001.44 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHEaster

MIS
May 3, 2004
US
Can anyone provide me more information? Ebay Printer, HAS printed Great demo page (Worldwide Sales Revenue Pie Chart etc.) Seems I can get by error occasionally by turning off and back on?

This error states the printer did not see the cap/wipe/purge home sensor transition. The possiblity is either a dirty or defective c/w/p home position sensor or the motor is not turning, or the c/w/p assy is jammed and not able to move properly.

Hi, my phaser 350 just started to get this error but it never goes away. My maintance tray is jammed. Can I fix this myself, if so, how do i do it?

adrian

Hey,

I bravely opened up the printer and saw that the moving vacuum head was stuck. I try to move it up and down with the gear and it gets stuck in several places. I cannot figure out what is getting it stuck? Any suggestions? Also, when I opened up the printer I fount magenta ink all over the insides. I figured that the ink must have spilled all over the insides during moving the printer. Would this cause jamming?

Help me out, can I fix this?

Adrian Torres

Is the cap/wipe/purge assy(vacuum head)stuck to the printhead faceplate? If so you need to gently pry it away from the printhead being careful not to damage the gasket that goes around it, or the wiper blade that is in the middle. If you are trying to move it up and down and it seems to catch something, it may be that the printhead is not back far enough to allow it to come all the way up. The wiper blade will catch teh bottom of the printhead. You can remove teh printhead by loosening the screws in the middle of the brown blocks on either side, disconnect the ribbon cable, the power cable and the ground strap. Make sure the printhead is positioned about midway in its right to left travel, you can move it by rotating the motor on the right side under the c/w/p belt. Just pull up on the brown blocks evenly and the printhead should come out. With it out you can then see what the c/w/p assy may be stuck on and you should be able to rotate it all the way up and down. Check to make sure the magenta ink you see is from a spill and not leaking from the seams of the printhead. Usually if there is an ink spill you will see ink that looks like waste ink due to all teh colors mixing as it spills.

Thank you for the tip.

When I opened the printer, the CAM head was not stuck to the print head. It has difficulty going down but not up. I have tried to clean the cap wipe purge assembly and help it to move freely up and down. So far I got to 66% before I get the 8,001,44 error. What can I do to get it to melting ink stage. I just need to print a start up page.

IS this fixable?

Adrian

Yes it is fixable. Is the C/W/P assy aligned ok? There are alignment marks on each side, on the right side is a mark in teh chassis that looks like a dash (-), on the plastic piece on the belt that raises and lowers the assy is a point. With that point lined up on the mark (> -), the other side has a mark in the chassis that looks like an equal sign (=)and the point on that side should fall in between those marks. (>=) If these marks all line up then the assy is aligned properly, if not then it needs to be aligned and that may be what is keeping it from moving properly. The easiest way to realign it is to remove the belt tension roller near teh top on the left, line up teh right side then just work the belt around til the left side lines up. This may take some trial and error but it will work. Hope this helps.

Hi, I looked for the alignment marks but I could not find them, I think they are aligned but it still gets stuck during the cleaning around 40% or 66%. All of the is becuase of the ink spill. I cleaned up all the ink. Onthe CAP assemble there is one thing I noticed. There is a long H shaped copper bar running across it. On the left side of the assembly it is flush, on the right side, it is sticking out. Is this normal? Could this be causing the 8,001,44 error. Also, after the error number there is a :xxxxxx is this the page count of the unit? If so, my unit has over 2 million pages printed. I don't think this is possible. Any answers?

A bent blade may have also damaged the printhead. Which would be a total loss. Seeing as how the printhead cost about 5x what the printer is worth.

YOu may want to check and make sure that the gasket around the C/W/P is still there. It is possiable for part of it come off and get stuck somehere.

As it seems to be the nature with these things, it looks like my bargain EBAY printer has gotten worse! Now when I power up I immediately get what looks like a solid line of checkerboard boxes across Display and NOTHING else happens! Is this recognized or is it TERMINAL? Figures I got the printer for $50 it printed ok initially (just enough to convince me to buy expensive ink supply) then it craps out! ARGGH!

Ok, I finally got the printer up. But it stays in intialization mode and keeps printing out bad test pages. This is what it was like before I spilled the ink. Why is it doing this? Why cannot it go into ready mode. I though it was doing this because of a bad network card. Or is it a bad print head. I wasted so much ink in trying to fix this problem.

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back