Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 340 Fault 04,013.43:45633

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstraight

ISP
Oct 25, 2002
US
I have a phaser 340 that will try to warm up but then gives me a "Fault 04,013.43:45633". The history: this printer had the maintenance tray stuck in it when it was shipped to me. I managed to free the maintenance tray upon arrival, and nothing appeared to be physically damaged. I guess the previous owner just didn't pull hard enough thinking it would break. The drum lock was not activated during the shipment either. If anyone has information regarding this particular error, or suggestions on how to fix this, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Michael

I had the same problem and effected repairs in the following manner. If you have the tray out and it does not appear to be damaged this is a good sign. Look in the area where the tray came from and you will see a shaft with a small plastic cam on the lower left. This raises and lowers two black plastic guides. I took off the side of the printer and rotated some gears that operates this shaft and rotated until is was a flat as possible (lowers the plastic in contact with the cam) - this opened up the black plastic quides. It is these guides that contacts the mtal shaft on the tray. I replaced the tray it fit in about 99% easier but just did not feel right. I powered up the unit got an ERROR and let it sit for 15 minutes turned it off and re-powered up and it has worked ever since. Whem I remove the tay now and replace the feel is more correct! Good luck . . .

Dan FInazzo

#1 - not having the tray locked in shipping is critical!!!

#2 - LEaving the mainetace trya in may leak out some of the silcoe

Contact me direct -- > TMart79050@aol.com and I may be able to help

God bless
Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back