Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phaser 340 and phaser 850

Status
Not open for further replies.

techrepair

Technical User
May 22, 2002
US
I have a phaser 340 with an error code 06,001,42 with about 77,000 prints and a phaser 850 with and error code of 07,002.44 with about 20,000 prints. Xerox web site doesn't give much explanation, can you help me? Kris

I have a Phaser 340 that gives the same error code. Does your printer also make a grinding or growling noise after is goes through it initialization. What I have found is there is a problem with the x-axis home sensor. I have yet to narrow down where it is located.

Kevin

Hello!

For the phaser 850 with the erorr 07,002.44 it means the process motor stalled during operation. this has several possible causes, depending on what the process motor was gear-connected to at the time of failure.

Thanks
Shafqat Shah

Hello!
For the 340 phaser with the error 06,001,42. it means x-axis home position not found. Indicates that the x-axis home sensor has failed, or something has prevented the printhead motion during a home operation

Thanks
Shafqat Shah

So what is the fix for error 06,001,42

PLEASE HELP

Power control board fuse defective. Replace board.If diags prove no movement on the X-axis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back