Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 1235 repeating cycan mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlepyro

Programmer
Jan 7, 2004
GB
Hello,

I have a Phaser 1235 and it prints fine except for a repeating cyan mark (about 4mm long every 100mm or so) down the page. The start point changes on each page as far as I can tell.

Its only tiny but enough to notice, what is causing this?

I don't mind buying fuser/imaging/toner but would like to know which it is that needs replacing.

Fuser - 39150 prints
Cyan imaging - 10432 prints

Both within the recommended, but I guess it depends on what % coveage they were at.

Thanks,

Mat

If it is only in the cyan color then the imaging unit is probably bad. A fuser would do it in all colors. Later

If the defect is repeating measure the distance between marks down the page in one color and replace the corresponding item.

94 mm (3.68 in) / 50 mm (2.0 in) / 44 mm (1.75 in) - Reseat and clean the contacts of the imaging drum of the color with the streak or wrong color.
If this does not resolve the problem than replace the imaging drum of that color.

If the defect is repeating measure the distance between marks down the page in all colors then replace the corresponding item.

115 mm (3.98 in) - Replace the fuser

58 mm (2.28 in) Replace the transfer belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back