Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom Tn cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.

treys10

Technical User
Aug 13, 2009
US
I am trying to clean up my Phantom Tn's and can not find any way to disable them temporarily to see if they are still in use. Is there a way other than outing them? I have ISS VERSION 3021 RELEASE 3.

Run a listing of unused DN's (LD 20 PRT LUDN) and find a block of numbers that you are not using. Add an extra digit (or more) to the beginning of the original the extension to create a temporary extension (i.e extension 1234 could become 51234). Wait for someone complain that 1234 doesn't work. If they complain, look up DN 51234 and change it back to the original extension of 1234. Wait a couple of months and delete any 5xxxx extensions that still exist.

Maybe change the DCFW to another DN like your own DN or an announcement in CallPilot.

As with any cleanup project you'll want to save a copy of whatever you're deleting in case you need to recreate it. I run a full TNB listing every couple of months and save it as a text file in case I need to recreate something later.

I like both ideas and will try them to see which one I like best. I also do a full tnb back up at least every three months or if I am going to do a major change. Thank yo noth for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back