Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkigephart

Programmer
Aug 13, 2004
US
Please help, I cannot figure this out...

Our company recently expanded and added new office onto our existing building. In order to accomodate all the new offices, I added another cabinet to my G3si R9.5 which makes cabinet #2. The VP didn't want to install any speakers for paging in the offices, so I had to implement the group page feature. Ever since I set that up, all users are experiencing phantom ringing, usually right after a group page. This ring is quieter than a normal ring and does not illuminate any LED's as a usual incoming call does. It does not even show anything on the display. It continues to ring until someone picks up the handset, yet there is only a dial tone - no one there!!!

I have replaced all control components (proc,netcon,tone clk) and all affected TN2181 digital cards. it seems to only happen on members of the grp-page. Once a call is answered, the ring moves to another phone in the office, one after another, with no apparent order. It is so weird.

I have checked my alarms and error logs hoping that a digital set would be defective, but I get nothing.

I do however have a DC-Power alarm that was not there before I installed the second cabinet. I can't seem to find out what it means. I tried swapping pwr sup. but no luck.

The power error is port 01 DC-POWER 513 0 4/hr

also I have bridged appearances with grp-page - would this affect it?

Is there any way to simultaneous page over the phones and loudspeaker??? any help would be great!!! Thank you!!!!

I wonder if this might be a symptom of the page point of origin?

Maybe the phone used to send the page isn't completely hanging up, and you're hearing background rings through an established page call.

Check the station(s) that frequently use that paging group. Perhaps you have a bad hookswitch somewhere...

If you are using digital terminals you should see something on displays.
If no calling number may be there are some call identificators (i,cf,....and something like that)?

Phantom" could random single ring to analog phone when test enabled on station form.

Do a "list trace station" command and wait for that phone to ring. It should show who is calling.

For the power problem do a "test enviroment" see if it fails test 5, could be you forgot to turn back on the charger for the holdover battery after up-grade.

Also what are you useing the bridged apperance for with
page? as you mentioned, could be part of the problem.

Are you using TN 2181 circuit packs? If so, that's your problem. Group-page, until proven otherwise, CAN NOT be done over TN 2181 circuit packs. You need either 2114B or 2224B or greater circuit packs for your digital stations. I wish there was a work around. I would make a lot of money if there was, lol. I wouldn't have to install 2224b's for every customer that wanted to implement group-page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back