Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom ring - every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2006
US
I have inherited a system that has a phantom ring on every call when disconnected. The phantom ring will ring approx. 2 rings after each calls is completed and then will stop. This system is in basic mode, which is not something we are used to working with.

This behavior does not occur when we plug a normal phone in and bypass the IPO.

Analog trunks I presume

Is the line configured with a "Disconnect Clear"?

Are the settings In the IPO Line suitable for the timings of this signal?

Unfortunately* we refuse to use "Muppet" mode on any of our IP Office systems so I cannot advise further on this.

*Unfortunately for you that is, Essential edition & above give a much nicer customer experience. I really think Avaya were foolish to add a mode that just makes the IPO seem almost featureless.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I agree with you on "muppet mode We are going to check it today and may end up upgrading the system. We are the local phone company as well and have a lot of these systems on our network and have never had this situation and can't help but think it is related to the basic edition.

sounds like some sort of centrex feature is activated such as voicemail, call line provider to confirm they have no features configured for these lines

If they could have made muppet mode work as reliably and consistently as the Partner ACS, then I would've enjoyed it as basic key system. Unfortunately, they didn't, it different, and so many weird things when making a change happen, and you never know what release has which undocumented bug, I think all installers lost any sense of trust in it. Avaya tried to kill it in R10, but too many business partners cried so it lives on...

This is undoubtedly voicemail through the provider. Have them check that they do not have voicemail active on the line. When they tell you they do not, have them check again.

Missed that. Should've read a little closer. I just saw centrex feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back