Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungy43uk

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
GB
Is it possible to provide a presentation of a Phantom DN on a digital set (M3904).

I need to provide a presentation of our site facilities main number 4040 on 2 different M3904 handsets but I dont want to use up an analogue TN.

4040 is currently built as an analogue TN but no physical handset is present. Instead this is presented on key 3 of 2 different M3904's as MCR keys.

I would like to retrieve the analogue TN for another use and instead build 4040 as a phantom and present as before on the 2 M3904's.

just configure KEY X MCR 4040 on the Digital sets & out the Analogue TN

SL1M1 - thanks for that but I still need 4040 to bounce to voicemail (8888) on no answer - will this still happen?

LHK option and XMWK (Exclusive Message Waiting) to access VoicMails, both all configurable on Digital Phone/TN's

You may also want to consider MARP Data TN option

Use a Phantom 500, MARP the DN on that, and you can FDN/HUNT it to anywhere you'd like.

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

Nortel4Matt
I had already tried replacing with a phantom built as 4040 but there are 2 phones requiring this presentation on their digital sets so forwarding wasnt an option - I nulled their keys to remove the original analogue presentation but for some reason wasnt able to re-present the 4040 phantom - hence my question?

If you're needing to be able to take more than one call simultaneously, which is what I think you're getting at (and thus why you had it an MCR before) then you're going to need to probably use a data TN as Sl1M1 suggested, and make it with two MARP'd SCR keys and short key hunt, then FDN/HUNT to wherever you'd like it to go afterwards.

e.g.
TN 0 0 1 16 (must be TN 16 or higher on a DLC)
CLS FLXA VCE
FDN xxxx
HUNT xxxx
LHK 1
Key 0 scr 4040 0 MARP
key 1 scr 6040 d MARP

Then both 4040 and 6040 need to go on your regular sets that need to answer these calls.

If you DON'T need to for x4040 to have multiple calls simultaneously, then a phantom 500 will work fine; I guess we're a bit confused about what you need...

-M

A DN that is programmed on a phantom TN cannot be programmed anywhere else.

If your M3904 TNs are also programmed to FNA to voice mail then all you need to do is program 4040 on the 3904 as SL1M suggests.

If neither of you M3904's FNA to mail then you can use the data TN method. This is described nicely by GHTROUT here

Wow, I'm a bonehead on this one... forgot a phantom 500 can't be programmed anywhere else. Sorry guys :(

That answers that one then. Phantom cannot be programmed anywhere else...! Ill try the Data TN option then as advised.

Thank you all for your kind advice.

Bungy

That was the second option...I would suggest programming as suggested firstly 4040 on Keys with appropriate LHK setting, thats assuming those 3904 TN's are FDN etc to Vmail

Then take the XMWK for retrieval/MWI indication for 4040 mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back