Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom extension not reachable from seperate site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jh041497

Technical User
Oct 30, 2009
US
Ok BigIndian and all you other experts, I got one for you.

I created a phantom extension to forward to a cell-phone. Here at this site (Norcross) I can reach it internally and externally, however in our Athens location when they dial the five digit phantom extension they get a busy signal.

Where should I start on diagnosing this?

You probably did not build a target line for that new extension also must be set uo on the far end with a proper destination code for routing

I'm somewhat of a noob, would you mind explaining how and where to do this?

Make sure the phantom extension is part of your normal block of your DID numbers. If you can call the number directly on that DID than your target line should be OK is the Athens location a Norstar also?

It is part of my DID range, and both sites are Nortel Systems. I have a feeling it's something with my route plans or statements or whatever they are called. I'm a Cisco junkie however I have the responsibility for the PBX. I don't know how and where to look to see how when I dial 41406 it is routed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back