Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom DN ?? Ringing group. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norstar1tech

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
US
There is a CCR tre built in a MICS with a call pilot. it says press 1 for sales....... and the path is built to transfer to int extension to 2586 which is not a working extension/phone. However when u press "1" it rings a group of phones. I have done similar to this in the past using the answer DN feature but this was not done like this. They want to add one more ringing extension to this group. I cant seem to find the group. I have watched this happen the group of phones do ring but no answer DN is set up on them. What am i missing?

It sounds like a hunt group go into programing of the Norstar to system programing show to hunt group and add a member there.The DN of the hunt group is programed under the press 1.

I'm not finding in the system programming where the hunt group proramming is???

yes thats where i was/am looking. is it possible that hunt group area do not exist in MICS rls 3.0? Thats what i have here at home.... i was trying biuld one similar here at home so i knew where i was when i got back out to site.

Thats right it did not have it 4.0 is when it started.I think it is called a line group look around for that.

yes, i found that under ILG group under line programming. you build an incoming line group then under set programming u would assign that group to the sets that u want to ring when that particular number when called. Thank you very much on that.
I'm still a little confused on the rls 4.0 and higher. When "1" is pressed frm the CCR menu and there RNA no answer....... how does the message end up in 2586 m/box which is like a target DN with no working set....... and by pass the four phones voice mail that all rang? Just curious how u know where the message ends up when u have multiple sets ringing and no answer?

In the 4.0 and higher is when Hunt groups were introduced.
I'm can remember how the ILG works if there is some kind of time out or overflow to send it to a mailbox.Like a hunt group it will not follow the rings (FNA) on the phones the only thing is a hunt group will not go directly to a mailbox were it sounds like the ILG does.Check the programing for the ILG.Also see what type of transfer the CCR path 1 is doing and to what DN.

the CCR tre path 1 is set to transfer "int ext" to 2586 which is the target DN hunt group of the phones that ring when that line is called {ILG group line}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back