Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty76

IS-IT--Management
Dec 23, 2002
US
Why do they happen? is there anyway to prevent them from happening?

It happens because the CO doesn't get a signal when a caller has hung up.
be sure your lines from the CO have Disconnect Supversion/OSI and they are programmed in the Norstar as Super.

what is the situation, I just experienced what I thought was "phantom ringing". I had a DID that I was redirecting to an offsite location, so whenever this DID was called the Receptionists phone would ring like a phantom ring. I needed to change "Redirect Ring" to No. Just a thought, that this could be the same. This actually brings me to a question of my own my Line Redirection stopped working out of nowhere, when the DID was called I would just get a busy. But if I called the phone number I was redirecting to, that line was in fact not busy. However I could call foward a DN with this DID the the same external number and it works. Any Ideas, ITAS couldn't figure it out and their 2nd level support is not in until after New Years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back