Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

calhoony

Technical User
Oct 14, 2003
US
I have a S8710 running 2.2 and active patch 2.0.111.4-10218. A remote gateway G700 has 3 ISDN PRI T1's in it. The G700 is running FW 23.19.0 but the MM710's are at FW14 which is only one release off. The operator at that location which is tenant group 2 is getting 25-30 calls a day that say "Commerce to unkown" Commerce is our name. I put a trunk ID button on the console and the calls are coming in on the ISDN PRI trunk group, various channels. When the call comes in on one is there. I have the sync sources set and no errors....any suggestions??

You state 'a' G700 with 3 PRI's. I hope you do not have all 3 DS1 boards in a single G700 and if you do is there an additional VOIP board in the gateway as well? If not, you could easily be running out of VOIP resources which would kill the talk paths.

No I am sorry I have 5 G700's and the PRI's are in different G700's , but that is a thought. How would I check to see if I am running out of VoIP resources?

show voip V0
it should show you XX out of 64 resources in use, every call uses 2, 1 in and 1 out so each G700 can handle 32 calls at once unless you add a Voip module.

if station ports on G700 plus trunk ports are greater than Voip resources you have a potential issue.

I looked at all three and none at any one time had more than 6 of 64 resources used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back