Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruspola

Technical User
Jan 26, 2004
GB
Has anyone seen a situation with ACD calls going into queue but never been answered and never been seen in CMS?. I have checked the vectoring and the step to queue to skill is definitely there an processed. This has happened suddenly without any changes to the vectoring. Is this some kind of capacity issue?

Hi

Have you checked if the "Queue length" value in the hunt-group form is high enough ?

Nathaly

In software 2.1 there isn't a place to put numbers for the queue length...

Try verifing if you have enough tone generators.
"li meas tone sum today" will show if you have any failures.
I am having the same problem (2 to 3 phantom calls a day) and the only issue I have found is that we are having DTMF and CC-TTR tone failures. Avaya hasn't been able to say if the two issues are related but it maybe. When we upgraded to S8700 Avaya removed all tone cards and classifier cards, they are shipping me a classifier card to see if it resolves the issue.
I have checked vectors, queue length, events & trunks and have not been able to find a solution.

Here's what's happening in my situation;
The caller enters the first vector:

1. wait time 2 sec hearing ringback
2. collect digits after announcement XXXX
3. route to number 1234 if digit = 1
4. route to number 2345 if digit = 2
5. route to number 1234 if unconditionally
6. stop

from this point they believe they are going into a queue because they hear hold music. Since this vector doesn't deliver them to a queue and the calls aren't showing up in my CMS reports I don't believe they are queued but held "somewhere". I have been able to track down the calls using Nice Anaylzer craddle to grave reports, it shows the call hitting the VDN/1st vector, states it is queued and than disconnect when the caller finially hangs up. What is odd is the report shows the call never leaving the 1st vector and though it says it queued doesn't provide any queue information.

I have contacted Avaya and they are not aware of any issues and there are no patches for this problem. I'll let you know if the call classifier helps.

good luck,

smartinmich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back