Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PGP Questions? (Keys, Email, User Accounts) Please Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolive1

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
US
I'm new to PGP. PGP was already installed on the workstations before I started working here, now I need to install PGP on our user's new PC's. I can copy the PGP Key files (both Secure and Public) to the new computers, but even after I do that I'm still not able to open Encrypted Email messages. I've read over the PGP Help Files, but I'm still stuck. We're using an older version of PGP (Network Associates PGP Data Security Suite 7.0), but I think the basics should be the same.

Here are some of my questions: Are PGP Keys associated whith Usernames / Email Addresses?

Well, I guess that's just one question, but I think I just need more info on PGP. Any help would be great.

Thanks so much,
Ian

I looked though some of the old posts on this forum. What is a User / Passphrase Combo. I'm also trying to move my Keys from one PC to another.

Thanks for the help,
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back