Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PGP FTP Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

grasupt

MIS
Jun 14, 1999
US
Trying to automate the FTP delivery of a PGP encrypted file. Best case it the ability to :

1) Get the file from the FTP server
2) decrypt the file to a chosen directory.

Anyone have a sample script that would do this, or be able to step me through one.. Or as a last resort, any 3rd party tools that are good for this.

Thanx

Still hunting for a solution?

I do this in VB using CryptOCX from The FTP script deals with the download only. The OCX works quite well; a few problems which I'll share solutions for if needed.

I did get this working using PGP freeware 6.5.8 (GUI version) by shelling to pgptools.exe and using the pathname of the encrypted file as an argument. This does decrypt the file, but pops up the PGPlog results window, which I had to dispose of by sending a WM_CLOSE message to PGPlog.

Other people have used the command line pgp, but I couldn't get this to work.

However, when I came to implement the app, I found that licensing restrictions on PGP have been put in place - the costs were so high that CryptOCX looked like a real bargain.

Hope this helps

Bill.

Use wget to grab the file. Something like:

Code:
wget ftp://ftp.example.com/path/filename.ext

Or if you need to specify an l/p, just do this:

Code:
wget ftp://login:password@ftp.example.com/path/filename.ext

Then just use your favorite pgp compatible commandline program to decrypt.

--
Andy

You might want to try a program called Robo-FTP. It allows for all types of automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back